Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Race preview: Liberty 10K

WHERE ARE WE GOING?
The Colony, Texas

WHEN?
Thursday, July 4


WHY?
Liberty 10K

NO REALLY, WHY?
A bunch of friends are running, I needed a race to add to the calendar, and it was super cheap ($17.50 with a Groupon). All excellent reasons.


WHO ELSE IS GOING?
Close to 1,000 folks will run the 5K and 10K, with a couple hundred more in the former than the latter.

WHAT'S THE FORECAST?
It should be a pretty nice morning, in the low 70s with reasonable humidity. Around here that's dang near as good as it's gonna get for July 4.

HOW DO WE WIN?

This race was somewhat of a late addition to the schedule and as such, I've done very little to prepare for it, given that my more important races are still to come. I'll be hanging out with the above-mentioned friends after the race, so I've decided to leave the car at home and run to the race, the post-race gathering, and back home. That puts the 10K in the middle of a 21-ish-mile training run. Combined with my utter lack of speedwork, I have a hard time seeing myself cracking 43 minutes. That may still be good enough for an age-group award, but that would be purely accidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment