Friday, September 27, 2013

Race preview: Lost Loop 50K

WHERE ARE WE GOING?
Gordonville, Texas

WHEN?

Saturday, Sept. 28

WHY?
Lost Loop 50K

NO REALLY, WHY?

I could use a trail race to get my head right for the Javelina Jundred, and even though the two courses probably could not be any more dissimilar, it sure won't hurt to go pick up my feet for a few hours.

WHO ELSE IS GOING?
There are 37 entrants for the 50K. A few more than that are driving up all the way up there just to run 12K.

WHAT'S THE FORECAST?
It's looking pretty gross. The good news is that it should be mostly cloudy to overcast, but it'll still be plenty warm (going from low 70s to low 80s) and quite humid. Storms are on their way; it looks like they won't show up until mid-afternoon but the threat should provide plenty of incentive for everyone to keep moving.

HOW DO WE WIN?

I've given up making predictions on trail races given that my last several have been grossly optimistic. If I make it through without falling down and I can get around OK on Sunday, I'll consider that a big win.

No comments:

Post a Comment