Friday, June 10, 2011

Where in the Great White North am I?

Grandma's Marathon is a week from tomorrow. Not to beat a dead horse, but thanks to the tougher standards, this is probably my last crack at Boston until I hit Masters territory.

You can share in my joy or anguish by signing up for tracking here. I'm not sure if I need 3:10:00 or 3:10:59 and I really don't have tremendous faith in getting to either, but I'll put one foot in front of the other and see where it gets me.

By the way, I haven't even run the thing and I think this is my favorite marathon so far. We already know we're getting some good swag this year with the 35th anniversary sling bag and aluminum water bottle. Today they emailed me to tell me to get to Duluth early because of construction on 35, which I thought was mighty courteous. And after signing up with the Clif pace team a while back, yesterday they sent me a good-luck note, presumably signed by the 3:10 pacer, with a pair of lucky red shoelaces. Now that's pretty damn thoughtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment