Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Race preview: The Hottest Half

WHERE ARE WE GOING?
Dallas

WHEN?
Sunday, August 14

WHY?
The Hottest Half

NO REALLY, WHY?
This is the third leg of the Four Seasons Half Marathon Challenge. I beat all the other Challenge entrants at the Texas Half, and all of them who ran the full at Big D. So my sweep is on the line.

WHO ELSE IS GOING?
Mellew says 1600 in the half and 900 in the 10K.

WHAT'S THE FORECAST?
I said Too Hot to Handle would be hotter than Mila Kunis baking a pie in her underwear. This might make that look like Kathy Bates instead. Consider that I keep the thermostat at 78, and it hasn't been 78 since June 30.

HOW DO WE WIN?
I don't expect to come within 10 minutes of a PR; I'm just hoping not to fade too miserably toward the end. Oh, and keeping my Challenge streak going would be good too.

1 comment: