Saturday, October 8, 2011

Race preview: Tyler Rose Marathon


WHERE ARE WE GOING?
Tyler, Texas

WHEN?
Sunday, October 9

WHY?
Tyler Rose Marathon

NO REALLY, WHY?
This completes the Four Seasons Half Marathon Challenge. Plus all the cool kids are running Chicago, and I'm not one of them.

WHO ELSE IS GOING?
There were 224 folks registered before today, so unless another couple dozen walk-ups showed up, this will be a smaller field than last year.

WHAT'S THE FORECAST?
Not what you would call "pleasant": upper 60s at the start to upper 70s at the finish, with winds picking up with the temps. Oh, and humid too.

HOW DO WE WIN?
I'm just looking to finish. With an injury and a vacation and Lasik surgery clogging the last 5 weeks I've logged just 33 miles in that time. That's not really ideal preparation so I'm going to lay way back on this one, walking the uphills and running the rest easily. I probably won't crack 4 hours but I don't care; I can just put this down as a training run for Run Like the Wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment