Sunday, November 6, 2011

Race preview: Rock 'n' Roll San Antonio Marathon

WHERE ARE WE GOING?
San Antonio, Texas

WHEN?
Sunday, Nov. 12

WHY?
Rock 'n' Roll San Antonio Marathon

NO REALLY, WHY?
Many reasons: It's a family outing. I get an extra medal for having done the Dallas event earlier this year. And with this being my 8th marathon or ultra in the last 12 months, I'll get a Marathon Maniacs promotion.

WHO ELSE IS GOING?
Looks like a field of something close to 5,000 for the full, and of course many thousand more for the half. That reminds me, I better get my Saturday dinner plans lined up.

WHAT'S THE FORECAST?
Some sun, some clouds, a north wind, 60 at the start, 70 at the end. 

HOW DO WE WIN?

With Run Like the Wind coming 3 weeks later, I don't plan to run this thing all that hard. I'm really just hoping for something much better than that ridiculousness in Tyler (4:23).

1 comment:

  1. I recommend the cheesy bacon bowl for dinner, with a side of fiber.

    ReplyDelete