Monday, March 12, 2012

Race preview: Dash Down Greenville

WHERE ARE WE GOING?
Dallas


WHEN?
Saturday, Mar. 17


WHY?
Dash Down Greenville (5K)

NO REALLY, WHY?
This was my first race, 4 years ago, and I've run it every year since. Hopefully in another 45 years they'll give me some kind of prize for running it 50 times.

WHO ELSE IS GOING?
Almost 3800 folks wore chips last year, with hundreds more running for the hell of it. This year, Run On! brought all the races they own under one umbrella, the Run Project. They're telling us this year's field will be the biggest yet, and I suppose I believe it.

WHAT'S THE FORECAST?
Low 60s, a small chance of rain -- and 20-mph winds from the south, making the middle third of the race pretty brutal unless you can get behind someone.

HOW DO WE WIN?

My time has come down each year, to a PR of 19:23 last year. I originally planned to crack 19:00 this year, but the wind is going to be an issue, as is the fact that I really haven't run fast since, oh, this time last year. I'll be happy with 19:xx, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment