Sunday, August 26, 2012

Race preview: Labor Day 15K

WHERE ARE WE GOING?
Dallas

WHEN?
Monday, Sept. 3


WHY?
Labor Day 15K

NO REALLY, WHY?
I'm not doing this specific race for any particular reason, but this will serve as the kickoff to a heavy fall racing season for me, with another 11 races coming in the succeeding 14 weeks. I've only had 1 race in 3 months since Old Dominion, so I'm rarin' to go.


WHO ELSE IS GOING?
This event drew 139 finishers last year.

WHAT'S THE FORECAST?
After a pretty long stretch of average temperatures or cooler, we're supposed to heat back up by next weekend. So I'm guessing it'll be in the mid-70s at the start, warming to 80 by the finish.

HOW DO WE WIN?

Seeing as the weather should be just like it was at Too Hot to Handle, it's probably fair to set the target as my PR from that race, 1:02:51. On the one hand, that time was fueled by the need to keep a few nemeses behind me, so if those same folks don't show up, the drive may not be there. On the other hand, 1:03:19 won this thing last year, on a relatively cool day. So if I'm near (or at) the front, that motivation is back, big time.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Wish we had more 15k's up this way. Go get 'em!

    ReplyDelete