Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Race preview: Texas Half

WHERE ARE WE GOING?
Dallas, TX

WHEN?
Saturday, Jan. 29

WHY?
The Texas Half

NO REALLY, WHY?
This is the first event of the Four Seasons Half Marathon Challenge... although I was already signed up when the challenge was announced. If I'm going to do 20 races a year I need to just keep on running.

WHO ELSE IS GOING?
I'd expect around 600 starters for the headline event. The challenge's Facebook page has 110 fans so that'll probably give this a little boost, assuming those fans are going to carry this out.

WHAT'S THE FORECAST?
Mid 40s at the start to low 50s at the finish. More clouds than sun in advance of rain later in the day. If the winds stay down -- a big if -- conditions will be ideal.

HOW DO WE WIN?
I'd like to be reasonably close to my PR of 1:30:42. Third place in my age group last year ran a 1:31:54, so I'll probably be in a very close race for one of the glass age-group trophies.

WHAT'S THE PLAN?
I was supposed to run 3 miles tonight but a colossal headache held me to half that. Hopefully I'll be in better shape to run 6 tomorrow and 3 Thursday before a day off Friday in advance of the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment