Sunday, February 13, 2011

Race preview: Run the Line Half Marathon

WHERE ARE WE GOING?
Texarkana, TX

WHEN?
Sunday, Feb. 20

WHY?
Run the Line Half Marathon

NO REALLY, WHY?
Just because. You won't find many races that cross three state lines, even if it's the same line three times.

WHO ELSE IS GOING?
A small but competitive field of about 250.

WHAT'S THE FORECAST?
Low to mid 50s, cloudy with an even-money chance of light showers. As long as the thunderstorms hold off until the afternoon, we should be OK.

HOW DO WE WIN?
Much like my last race, the PR/age group award combo is in play (if I get the first one, I can get the second one). My PR from The Texas Half was 1:30:06; third place for M35-39 at Run the Line last year was 1:30:27.

WHAT'S THE PLAN?
I'll do 4 miles Tuesday, 6 Wednesday and 4 Thursday, then get up Saturday morning and jog an easy 3 before hitting the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment