Friday, March 25, 2011

Race preview: Rock 'n' Roll Dallas Half Marathon

WHERE ARE WE GOING?
Dallas, TX

WHEN?
Sunday, Mar. 27

WHY?
Rock 'n' Roll Dallas Half Marathon

NO REALLY, WHY?
After volunteering at the race last year I decided to run it this year. A long race in Dallas that's not just another lap around the lake -- brilliant.

WHO ELSE IS GOING?
Some 13,000 of my closest friends, although I believe that figure includes the relay. I also believe the race is pretty close to being sold out.

WHAT'S THE FORECAST?
Low 50s warming to upper 50s. Pretty terrific.

HOW DO WE WIN?
It's hard to say what I'd consider a win. I won't be within 10 minutes of an age-group award, and coming the day after an all-out 10K, I can't really think a PR is to be expected either. If I feel OK, I'll set out with the 1:30 pacer and see how long I can hang on. If I'm still with him when I turn onto Haskell, then maybe I can surge and break 1:29:51. If not, I won't be too torn up about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment