Thursday, March 24, 2011

Race preview: Tyler Azalea 10K

WHERE ARE WE GOING?
Tyler, TX

WHEN?
Saturday, Mar. 26

WHY?
Tyler Azalea 10K

NO REALLY, WHY?
I have crushed all my PRs over the last couple months except for the 10K. This one fit into the schedule.

WHO ELSE IS GOING?
Last year's race drew about 500 people and I guess we'll be close to that number again. I think the Rock 'n' Roll race in Dallas being 2 weeks later this year -- and the day after this race -- will have some impact, but then again, I'm doing both races so other folks might be as well.

WHAT'S THE FORECAST?
Mid- to upper 60s with south winds at 15 mph. Not in any way ideal but it least it should be cloudy.

HOW DO WE WIN?
I should have no trouble bringing down my PR of 43:30; the only question is by how much. The internet says I should be 3 minutes better, but given the conditions I'll hope to split the difference and be happy if I break 42. I ran this race in 2009 in 43:53. I like my chances for an age-group award; only one man in M35-39 has gone under 43 in the last 2 years combined.

No comments:

Post a Comment