Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Race preview: Fairview Half Marathon

WHERE ARE WE GOING?
Fairview, Texas

WHEN?
Saturday, April 6


WHY?
Fairview Half Marathon

NO REALLY, WHY?
It's an inaugural race, the race director is a friend, I needed something to do... take your pick.


WHO ELSE IS GOING?
The half marathon is sold out with 650 entrants, with another 300 or so running the 5K.

WHAT'S THE FORECAST?
The temperatures should be good, in the mid- to upper 50s, but a healthy southerly breeze will be a challenge on a course that alternates between long north-south segments and short east-west ones.

HOW DO WE WIN?

The lost training time from earlier in the year is close to being a non-factor and probably will have less of an impact on my time than the wind. I don't quite feel in PR shape (1:29) but I think there's at least a 1:33 in these legs. Being in a race is motivation enough for me, but this one will have a little extra because there are inserts for my coaching business in the race packets and a good race might help to make a good first impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment