Friday, April 26, 2013

Race preview: Possum Kingdom Trail Run

WHERE ARE WE GOING?
Graford, Texas

WHEN?
Saturday, April 27


WHY?
Possum Kingdom Trail Run (in my case, the 52-mile event)

NO REALLY, WHY?
The Year of Stupid rolls on with 52-mile runs on back-to-back Saturdays. This is not a race I'm going to win, but I figure that everything I do will make me stronger for when something comes down the line that means more to me.


WHO ELSE IS GOING?
There are 25 people signed up to run 3 17.35-mile loops. The 55K has 52 entrants and the 20K has 123.

WHAT'S THE FORECAST?
It'll be a warm one, starting in the low 60s and finishing near 80. I presume there will be plenty of shade, or it will be a very long day.

HOW DO WE WIN?

I can still feel the double marathon in my legs a little bit, but my effort is much lower on trails anyway so it shouldn't make much of a difference. The first goal, as always, is to finish without getting hurt. Beyond that, if I can get through this in 10 hours I will be very, very pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment