Monday, September 24, 2012

Race preview: 8-Hour Run from the Ducks

WHERE ARE WE GOING?
Weatherford, Texas

WHEN?
Saturday, Sept. 29


WHY?
8-Hour Run from the Ducks

NO REALLY, WHY?
It's time to renew my ultra card. Rocky Raccoon is too far away for this race to be considered training, but I haven't run longer than 20 miles since Old Dominion so this will make sure I don't forget what it's like.


WHO ELSE IS GOING?
Should be about 35 runners in all.

WHAT'S THE FORECAST?
It'll be about 65 degrees at the start. After that, no one seems to know yet. It might rain. It might rain a LOT, or not at all. It might only get into the upper 70s, or it might make it to the upper 80s. On the same date a year ago it was 100. At least we won't have that.

HOW DO WE WIN?

My output will be quite dependent on how warm it gets and how well I'm able to stave off blisters if it's wet. I think I'll be upset if I don't hit 37 laps (39.96 miles; only full laps count), almost no matter what happens. Beyond that, I have no idea. Forty laps (43.2 miles) seems like an appropriate target.

No comments:

Post a Comment