Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Race preview: Tour des Fleurs 20K

WHERE ARE WE GOING?
Dallas

WHEN?
Saturday, Sept. 15


WHY?
Tour des Fleurs 20K

NO REALLY, WHY?
There's really no particular reason for me to run this race other than I've yet to run it (I did the 10K in '09).


WHO ELSE IS GOING?
The 20K will draw a little over 1000, with close to another 2000 in the 10K.

WHAT'S THE FORECAST?
It looks like things are going to cool off again for the weekend, letting us get this race done in the middle to upper 60s.

HOW DO WE WIN?

I would like to follow up on a very strong run from this past weekend with another strong one. Beyond that, I'd like to go under 1:28. I should be under 1:26 but the weather might have something to say about that. Third place in my age group was a shade under 1:27 last year.

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully we'll see you out there! And good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be on the lookout for y'all... good luck to you as well!

      Delete