Thursday, November 1, 2012

Race preview: DRC Half

WHERE ARE WE GOING?
Dallas

WHEN?
Sunday, Nov. 4


WHY?
DRC Half

NO REALLY, WHY?
I've run the 5K at this event, and volunteered, and now it's time to take part in the headliner.


WHO ELSE IS GOING?
There will be more than 2000 of us, and as with all races that start at Norbuck Park, I sure hope those folks join me in taking DART to White Rock and making the short walk over.

WHAT'S THE FORECAST?
We should have pretty great weather, with cloudy skies and temperatures in the upper 50s to low 60s. There's a small chance of rain but it's looking like that will be done before the race.

HOW DO WE WIN?

This is kind of a tough one to call. Coming 3 weeks after my 100, I should be able to run fast. I certainly felt very strong just a few days after I got home. But then I spent an afternoon standing around in unsupportive shoes, which screwed up my recovery and gave me an ache in my left foot that's still hanging around. I took 5 days off from running and am only running 5 miles every other day this week, so it's possible I've lost enough fitness to take a PR (1:29:51) out of play. I'll try to get as close as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment