Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Race preview: North Texas Turkey Trot 10K

WHERE ARE WE GOING?
Frisco, Texas

WHEN?
Thursday, Nov. 22


WHY?
North Texas Turkey Trot 10K

NO REALLY, WHY?
I'll be taking yet another crack at a 10K PR, and if this doesn't work I will try again, and again, and again, like some degenerate going all-in on every hand.


WHO ELSE IS GOING?
Among the 10K, 5K and mile, they're expecting almost 4,000 folks to show up. I'm guessing the 10K field will be a very small fraction of the total, given the general goof-off nature of turkey trots.

WHAT'S THE FORECAST?
We'll be in the low 60s with a breeze out of the south posing a challenge on a course that's largely due north-south.

HOW DO WE WIN?

Same expectations as last time: Go at least a minute under my current PR of 42:20. Put it in these terms: If I simply run the same pace as I ran the DRC Half a couple weeks ago, that's a 42:13 (before you even consider this race is less than half that distance and completely flat).

No comments:

Post a Comment