Friday, May 11, 2012

Race preview: 4 Pines 4 Ways 50K

WHERE ARE WE GOING?
Eustace, TX


WHEN?
Saturday, May 12


WHY?
4 Pines 4 Ways 50K

NO REALLY, WHY?
This will sort of be a training run for Old Dominion, in the sense that it's a supported long run. Beyond that, I dunno, just felt like it.


WHO ELSE IS GOING?
Very, very few people. It's an inaugural, bare-bones race in May more or less in the middle of nowhere (there are also 25K, 10K and 5K distances; each race is a multiple of 5K loops). I've seen a little bit of promotion come along in the last week but I expect to find a good parking spot nonetheless.

WHAT'S THE FORECAST?
We should catch a nice break with the temperature, starting at 63 and only getting up to about 70 by the time I'm done. The issue is going to be thunderstorms; they'll be around, it's just a matter of when.

HOW DO WE WIN?

A win for me would be a PR. My one 50K to date was last year's Cowtown, at which I hobbled through 23 miles of tendonitis to finish in a disappointing 4:40. Oddly enough, I've had minor bouts of the same issue flare up in the last few weeks, so how well I keep that at bay will determine whether I get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment