Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Race preview: Katy Trail 5K

WHERE ARE WE GOING?
Dallas


WHEN?
Thursday, May 10


WHY?
Katy Trail 5K

NO REALLY, WHY?
A couple months ago, a couple co-workers pitched the idea of running this as a group. I would have next to no interest otherwise, but I figured hey, what the heck, I'll be social.


WHO ELSE IS GOING?
The handful of us from the office are among a sold-out field of 5000.

WHAT'S THE FORECAST?
Partly cloudy and 79 degrees. Normally I would call that hot but it's not at all outrageous for a May evening and besides, it's only a 5K; I've done worse.

HOW DO WE WIN?

A while back I told my boss I would go under 21:00. That's still my goal, but it's probably a stretch given that I only went 20:03 two months ago when it was 15 degrees cooler or so. And I've had a little bit of tendonitis in my right shin that's led me to take a couple extra days off this week. I'll beat all my co-workers; that should be good enough.

1 comment:

  1. I bet you'll go under 21. Beating all of your co-workers is priceless! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete